It’s true, I’m pretty sure I’ve gained about 40 of the 90lbs I’ve lost back…. Hey, they said that you can’t out work a bad diet, and they are true hahaha… no matter how hard i worked out each day, what was going IN my mouth (dirty minds, really!!??! haha) was not good enough. I wonder what it was? Was it that I was SOOOOOO infatuated with making sure I looked good for my wedding, and now that that’s over, I didn’t care as much since I was working out, being a badass, and all that stuff, that whatever I was eating, didn’t matter??
DID YOU KNOW: IT’S SO MUCH EASIER TO GAIN WEIGHT THAN TO LOSE IT!?? Oh my god REALLY?!?! Well, let me put down the chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwich, and tell you a little bit about how I feel.
A few things have happened that have derailed me from my awesome bod I had a year ago…
1) The first year of marriage is hard, enough said, there’s been a lot of stressful ice cream eating involved…
2) a growing startup, also hard… late nights, pizza deliveries, the inability to just say NO to candy at 1am when you need SOMETHING to keep you awake.
3) well duhhhhhhhhh, the holidays, skipping the cookies and the BOOZE is not an option in my life.
4) being hurt. this probably takes the cake, since I already talked about how my mental health has been off since getting hurt and being unable to crossfit, I won’t go there, but this is HUGE for me.
5) to start a family or not… that is the question… weird that it’s in my list I know, but man this is one stressful thing that has made late night brownie cravings a regular (btw, just because you make gluten free, coconut oil brownies, DOES NOT MEAN they are still good for you HAHAA)
6) I am actually happy with the way I look, so I haven’t been caring? It’s funny, I look back at old pictures of how I used to look before I lost all my weight, and even though I’ve gained so much of it back, I still look better and I’m happier, so I haven’t really cared! (sure I still avoid mirrors at all costs, but soon, SOON, I won’t have to do that lol)
Ok so with all of that, yes, I have gained weight. And although I’m still healthy, and I’m still in shape (well maybe not so much anymore since I haven’t even been on a regimented workout schedule) I definitely still feel better about myself, to me, this is just a bump in the road….. and the scale! EEEKS!
SO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!? WELL folks, I am going to get back on the wagon, I am going to get back to working out, by joining a few of my friends in this weight loss challenge to try to win 10k and I’m going to cut the shit and get myself back to where I want to be, and so when I can be completely back into crossfit, I am 100000% in shape and kicking ass and taking names. Am I the only one that’s dealt with this??? Maybe I am, but I am here to crush this issue and be the best self I can be… Motivation is hard, and it’s not a fuzzy feeling, because sometimes, you just don’t want to hear it, but right now, I need the motivation more than ever. MORE. THAN. EVER. For me, this will always be something I struggle with, being at a consistent healthy weight, but you know what, you learn to love being healthy, and the rest just comes…..